Skip to main content

Control

Through the night, I walk abreast in the midnight breeze.
Walking down the streets, feeling the wind on my skin.
I realized how long I've been working, not having any rest;
just toiling and toiling, never really went out to see the sunset.

As I went for a walk around the neighbourhood, I could smell the fragrance from the mango trees,
its pretty flowers dancing in the smiling sunrays, glorious, graceful and magnificent.
I never knew such beauty, or maybe I did;
After so long of being shut in a place of darkness, pressure and pain, its about time I stepped out to join the rain.

I could feel the rain drops fall on my skin;
such a gentle touch, a whisper from the wind.
The coolness warms my heart, I wonder when it will ever stop.
I close my eyes, embracing the sights, the sounds and the loving caress of the cool waters.

Lay down in bed at ten minutes to one, my wandering thoughts, stay, be still, stay calm;
I stare at the ceiling, imagining the stars twinkling so bright,
The heart misses an unknown source; maybe its you, maybe, its God.
Felt so faraway, but it all remains the same.

I want to change, but though the spirit is willing, the flesh is weak;
'Reach out your hand, oh child,' He says to me.
My hope and my song, my strength and my shield,
You give me strength to go on.

Long as life will ever last, I know one promise that will everlast -
His promise of eternity, His sacrifice for truth, His love for life;
Nothing can separate, nothing can come between;
Take control now, wash me, oh wash me clean.

This broken hands of mine will need Your strength,
Your strength... to make it through this life.
I lift up my hands to the heavens, singing the only hymn I can hear in my heart,
For Yours is the honour, the glory and the power for ever and ever.

Take control, I beg Thee, take control.
"Take heart,' He says, 'For you are LOVED.'
I do not deserve Thee, yet Thy love has made me whole.
Let not the sins of this world take me away from Your everlasting love.

You are most beautiful, ever divine.
Thank You, dear Lord, Your peace now mine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 People I want to thank before Christmas

2019 has been an amazing year of ups and downs. But most importantly, 2019 has been a year of meeting really inspiring and encouraging individuals, who have changed how I view the world and have challenged me to renew my mind and to see things from a different perspective. Its 10 days before Christmas. I figured I should write a post to talk about the 10 people who made a huge impact on my life this year. The list is in no particular order. 1. The Youthful Yoongs, Dr Dave and Sue-Anne I first met Dr David Yoong in his discourse analysis class in 2018. I was awkward throughout and hated his guts for the first nine weeks. But I slowly learned how passionate he is about what he was doing and it inspired me to want to take up discourse analysis for my final research. Fast forward, I am so thankful to have met this wise beyond his years supervisor of mine who not only inspired me to take up discourse analysis for my research, he also in one way or another, challenged me to take m...

Day 3: Always be my maybe

Hey.  I worked really late last night, writing my script for TV. Do you remember that I told you about it? Haha. I think I did quite okay. I still have quite a lot of work to finish but I think I'm doing quite okay.  I've been watching a lot of standup lately, most of them Asian-American stand up comedians like Nigel Ng, Jimmy O. Yang and my absolute favourite, Ali Wong. I finished two of her stand up specials and her movie, Always be My Maybe , which also stars Randall Park.  I looked at Randall Park's character, Marcus Kim and think to myself, damn, I am also quite like that. Still too scared to move on from a lot of things in life. I want to chase a lot of things but I... just have no guts to do it.  I have always been someone who does my level best to chase my dreams and fight for the things and people I love and want to be with, but somehow this time, when it was you, I started to lose my hope and faith in a lot of things.  The thing is, I know that in one ...

Diving into the unknown: Musings of a Gan-cheong spider

I'm extremely afraid of the unknown. I have a crippling fear of it. But wait, who doesn't? (at least, in the beginning) And btw, if you know me, I overthink. I overthink, a little too much. I worry about whether I switched off the wifi at home after I reach my workplace.  I worry that I forget my car keys when I leave the house. I worry about what people will think of me, whether they would think that I am too overly friendly or too pushy or just downright making them feel uncomfortable because they don't really want to talk to me. Or if I was being too unkind to them with my words and probably have hurt their feelings. Basically, I overthink when I cannot see what is in the dark. I wish I could be in control of the things that happened in my life, but I know its not in my hands. But as I reflect, I recall what the good doctor once said to me, "I think embrace the unknown. It will make you wiser and advance faster than others." To me, this ...